The Pixel 3 is an incredible phone. With its latest competitor, the pixel 3a, fast approaching though you’re probably wondering which one’s better so today I’ll be reviewing the software and hardware of both phones to see exactly which is better for your money.
• Both phones have stunning 12.2 megapixel cameras and electronic image stabilization which allows you to record 4K at 30fps.
• Both phones have the same 4gb of ram as well as 64gb of storage.
• Both pixels have the same simplistic software which is great for all ages as well as a finger print scanner on the back of the phone.
• The pixel 3 has a slightly better chipset with its Snapdragon 845 in comparison to the 3a’s Snapdragon 670.
• The pixel 3 also has better graphics with its adreno 630 in comparison to the 3a’s 615.
• The pixel 3’s prossesor is also far superior with its Octa core (2.5 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 385 + 1.6 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 385) in comparison to the 3a’s Octa core (2 GHz, Dual core, Kryo 360 + 1.7 GHz, Hexa Core, Kryo 360).
• The 3a’s a tiny bit thicker and wider than the pixel 3 and weighs 1gram less than the pixel 3.
• The pixel 3 is said to be water and dust proof where as the pixel 3a is not.
• The pixel 3 has much superior camera software with its digital zoom, auto flash, face detection and touch to focus where as the pixel 3a only has its basic fixed focus.
• The pixel 3 costs around £600 in comparison to the 3a’s £400 price tag.
• Lastly the pixel 3a has a battery capacity of up to 3000mah in comparison to the pixel 3’s 2915mahs but then again the pixel 3a does not support the pixel 3’s wireless charging.
So which ones better?
It depends on what you use the phone for. If you just want a phone that you can make calls on, text, check your emails on and play simple games like solitaire then the pixel 3a is the phone for you but if you want a phone for the camera, graphics and for playing demanding games like pubg mobile© then go for the pixel 3.